Canada - Lifemanship
Preloader Close

Sorts of Program​


Undergrad happens to be a 4 year program, after 12th, where students can study a wide range of subjects. Once they have met the core curriculum requirements, students at most institutions are asked to choose a specific field of study, also known as the major. The final two years are spent taking more courses that are more directly related to your major.

PG Diploma

PG Diploma / Advanced Diploma happens to be the choice of maximum applicants across the country. Programs under PG Diploma are of either 2 years or 1 year full-time programs which combine first-class teaching and practical industry exposure to prepare graduates for professional work


Masters is the degree which is granted by the universities of Canada to the suitable aspirants. Absence of backlogs, plans to pursue research work, ambition to pursue professorship etc prompts a student to opt for Masters rather than a PG Diploma.

Application Process

Normally a Canadian College or University has its own required documents but generally most of the following documents will be included:


When to Apply?​

The Canadian Universities/Colleges entertain 3 functional and cherished intakes:

September Intake – Generally treated as a major intake

January Intake – Generally treated as the second major intake

May Intake – Although less popular, but this intake too is fairly acceptable amongst the foreign higher study aspirants.



The average cost for a foreign student for one school year (8 months) in an undergraduate program is between CAD$15000 – 25000. Compared to U.K., Australia, New Zealand and the U.S., Canada offers the lowest tuition rates. One can study in Canada incurring almost half the expenses as compared to a U.S. private university and 25% less in U.S. public universities.


In Canada, an international applicant, with a student permit is granted permission for up to 20 hours per week for a paid job. Students who enroll in a difficult or intensive program are often advised to work for a maximum of 12 hours a week to maintain a work-study-life balance.

Working off-campus

A student can work up to 20 hours in one week during regular academic sessions and full-time during scheduled breaks, such as winter and summer holidays, and spring breaks.


The Co-op/Internship Work Permit Program is offered to the international students whose proposed employment is an important part of this study program in Canada as certified by their Canadian academic institution. The work part of this program can form up to 50% of the program of study.

On-campus work

International students may be eligible to work on-campus at the institution where they study without a work permit. This is applicable to international students with valid student permits and who are studying full-time at eligible Canadian public and private colleges and universities.

VISA Requirements

You need the following documents for getting the Canadian student Visa

Requirement of documents depends on your country of origin, the program you are enrolling, and the duration of your study:
  • If you enroll to a program of up to six months: no study permit is required.
  • Student permit is required for a program longer than six months.

Post-VISA Assistance

Getting a student VISA is considered to be the final step for a student to start his education abroad. However, at Lifemanship we strive to not only help the students secure their student VISAs but also help them gain a head-start in their educational programs. Once the students acquire their VISA they become eligible for Lifemanship’s pre-departure sessions and also get access to Lifemanship’s Global Student’s Association.